Counter Sales Assistant - Kilcock Full Time Position.
Topline Cleary’s is a well-established Builders Providers & DIY Store, who are members of the Topline Hardware Group.
We are looking for a Counter Sales Assistant responsible for providing customers with a knowledgeable, high quality and friendly service whilst optimising sales of building, plumbing and DIY products.
- You will be required to offer advice, information, quotations, and solutions to any queries customers may have both in person and on the telephone, using your initiative to identify new sales opportunities.
- Build effective working relationships with customers in order to understand their individual requirements and supply them with the best products.
- Monitor customer orders and deliveries.
- Ensure that company policies are followed at all times when producing paperwork associated with sales.
- Monitor quotes won / lost.
- Liaise with suppliers where necessary.
- Responsible for the re-order of selected product lines within your department.
- Maintain a clean and effectively merchandised counter area in line with company policy.
- Support the Branch Manager and colleagues in working as a team to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within company policy.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and available to work 5 days per week (including Saturdays).
- Any other reasonable duties which may arise.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process. Only those applicants who meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted for interview. The Company reserves the right to initially shortlist those candidates who meet both essential and desirable criteria.
- Previous customer facing experience in a trade environment.
- Must be an enthusiastic individual with a drive for selling, motivated with a strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible approach to work.
- IT literacy and POS experience.
- Trade sales experience selling building / plumbing / DIY materials.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding both sales and margin targets.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter clearly outlining how they meet the requirements of the role to